TLC Marketing Worldwide PTY Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) is a company incorporated and registered in Australia with the Australian Business Number 124 275 921 whose registered office is at 88 Cumberland St, The Rocks, NSW 2000, Sydney, Australia. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
What information we collect depends upon the nature of our relationship with you and our relationship with your employer/company (if applicable). Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you (and your employer/company, if applicable) may not be able to use or access the relevant service or the site or receive a stated benefit. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by registering or by filling in forms on any of our campaign websites (our site), including but not limited to your name, address, contact details, age and other information about you and/or your preferences/opinions about certain topics. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to any services we offer, downloading information posted on our site, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information in connection with or participation in any promotions, offers or competitions sponsored, promoted or offered by us and/or any third party (such as our clients), including but not limited to your name, address, contact details, age and other information about you and/or your preferences/opinions about certain topics. We may also receive your information from third parties (such as our clients) in some limited circumstances (for example in order to award you a prize).
- Information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile and/or survey forms (including but not limited to name, address, contact details, age and other information about you and/or your preferences/opinions about certain topics) and when you report a problem with our site or one of our promotions or competition.
- Information we learn from your use of any of our services and/or your visits to our site and other information from your interaction with our site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- If you contact us (be it online, via phone, mail, in person or via any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Disclosure of your information
Due to the international nature of our business, we may disclose your personal information to members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries in both Australia and overseas. We may also pass your personal information on to any successor or potential successor in title, to our suppliers, contractors and agents that process information on our behalf both in Australia and overseas. We may also disclose your personal information to our clients/partners, on whose behalf we conduct/facilitate an activity (e.g. a company whose promotion/offer you participate in). In addition, we may also disclose your personal information to selected other business partners so that they can contact you with information about products/services that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to this. Recipients located overseas that we may disclose your personal information to will be located in the United Kingdom, unless indicated otherwise. All overseas recipients of personal information as contemplated above are subject to a law or binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar or more stringent to the way in which the Australian privacy law protects the information. In addition, there are adequate means available in those jurisdictions for individuals to take action or enforce their rights in those jurisdictions under the laws/binding schemes mentioned above. In any event, we will use all practicable measures to ensure that any overseas recipient complies with Australian privacy law to the extent possible.
Where required by law, we may also disclose your personal information to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
We may also disclose (and use) information in aggregate (so that no individual person is identified) for marketing and strategic purposes.
Where we store and process your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username, login or password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. We ask you not to share a username, login or password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will take all reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and to
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Uses made of the information
We will use your personal information for the reasons we collected it and for other related purposes. For example, we may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to award you a gift or a prize.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To contact you for your views on our services and to notify you about changes or developments to our service.
Where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, we may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you a
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us directly by post at 88 Cumberland St, The Rocks, NSW 2000, Sydney, Australia or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing information and other websites
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us directly by post at TLC Marketing Worldwide, 88 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 or by email at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to and correction of information
You have the right to access and correct personal information we hold about you. Your right of access and correction can be exercised by contacting us at TLC Marketing Worldwide, 88 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No fee will be charged for making the request, however, we may charge a fee for the provision of this information to cover administrative costs (and we will inform you of any such fee at the time the request is made).
Please note that we may deny access/correction of personal information to you to the extent that:
- providing access/correction would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- providing access/correction would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- your request for access/correction is frivolous or vexatious; or
- it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access/correction in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
You should also contact us at TLC Marketing Worldwide, 88 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, Sydney NSW 2000 or by email at email@example.com if you are concerned that there may have been a breach of your rights or any rights under the Privacy Act 1988. We take such matters very seriously and, we shall respond to any such concerns to you directly in a prompt fashion.